In response to queries, which have arisen from various quarters:
- Karen and I have too many titles we want to review. So we’re extending until 15.3.2022.
- Use the hashtags #ReadIndies or #ReadIndies2. Contributions using either, and published between 01.02.2022 and 15.03.2022 will be collated into the master event index.
- The definition of an independent publisher? There’s been some confusion particularly around US publishers. Here are two updated lists to consult, if you’re in any doubt that the book you’re reading is published independently. A) American Presses B) Independent Publishers Caucus These are in addition to the lists on the event introduction post.
- Titles should be chosen from the catalogues of current independent publishers.
- Self-published titles are not eligible for this event.
As we have not explicitly clarified points 4 and 5 before, “rule-bending” posts, already published, will be included in this year’s master index as rule-breakers.