I wasn’t intending reading my way around Scandinavia for most of January but that’s what I did, thanks to Annabel’s NordicFINDS event. I read 8 books in total (with enough remaining in the TBR to do it all again next year!) 4 reads from Indie Presses too. As we are now in the middle of ReadIndies 2022, I’ll make a note of them. Book of the month asterisked. Links to my reviews.
Let’s take this from the bottom.
- Finland: The Iron Age – Arja Kajermo (Tramp Press) / The Rabbit Factor – Antti Tuomainen (Orenda Books) *
- Iceland: Red Milk – Sjón / The Book of Reykjavik – Various (Comma Press)
- Norway: The Birds – Tarjei Vesaas
- Denmark: Island – Siri Ranva Hjelm Jacobsen (Pushkin Press)
- Sweden: The Man Who Went Up In Smoke / The Man On The Balcony – Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöo
All except one from the pre-2022 TBR, so this was also a good event to #beatthebacklog. (What a great twitter hashtag!)