Time, where does it go?
With so much none literary stress going on behind the scenes, (builders, bathroom, boosters, aaaaargh), I am amazed that I did any reviewing at all during October. I was in a list-making mood though, and following the epic Reading Projects: German Themes post, there are a couple more reading project lists to come, but I’ll pace them out.
I did review eight books and these are they:
- The Dear Departed: Selected Stories – Brian Moore
- A Guardian Angel Recalls – Willem Frederik Hermans (October Book of the Month)
- The Plantagenet Prelude – Jean Plaidy (Turkey of the Year!)
- Mrs Jekyll and Cousin Hyde – Jeremy Hodges (September Book of The Month)
- The Long Drop – Denise Mina (August Book of the Month)
- Rizzio – Denise Mina
- The Dark Remains– Ian Rankin
- Resilience – Bogdan Hrib
Plus two features:
- A report of a mini-break in Edinburgh (which I thankfully took before
dryOctober kicked in!)
- How to make A Graphic Novel Guest post by Katy Derbyshire
In total I read 19 books in this period (20, if you count the Hermans I read twice), so I have created quite a reviewing backlog. Some of those reviews will appear during German Literature Month, while others will have to wait until what I already know is going to be catchup December!